Friday 8 April 2011

Journey to the Arctic

We’ve arrived in the Arctic! Our journey up here was incredible – we started off in a jet, Ottawa to Iqaluit, the capital of the Nunavut province, where we quikcly took a short stroll outside... before just as quickly returning to the terminal – it was -24 C!
 
Then we changed to a turboprop and went to Igloolik, a tiny settlement amongst endless miles of snow and ice with a tiny green terminal building.


Out last stop was at Arctic Bay, where it was foggier and very alarmingly some engineers spent some time looking concerned at one of the propellers before letting us go.

I slept in my very lovely room here in Resolute, with this outside.


And finally, I want to wish Hannah and Tommy a very happy wedding day, I'm sorry and really sad I can't be there, I'll be thinking of you. Lots of love to you two!

No comments:

Post a Comment